Skip to content
- 1 cup buckwheat, soaked for 4 hours in 2 cups filtered water;
- 1 cup flax seeds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup hemp hearts
- 1/2–1 tsp. Himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs, (e.g., parsley, cilantro, basil, rosemary, thyme)
- 1 Tbsp. dry herbs and spices (e.g., basil, oregano, chili powder, cumin)
- 1/2 cup finely grated carrots or other root veggies, optional
Grind the flax and chia seeds in a coffee grinder briefly to get a very course meal. Transfer into the bowl with the buckwheat base.
- Add the hemp hearts, salt and all herbs, spices and grated veggies if using.
- For easy spreading, mix quickly before the seeds absorb too much water.
- Spread the dough on the greased baking glass (grease with coconut oil)
- Put in the oven at 200 F for 3 hours, or until the top is dry;
- Put the kale pesto, and the cooked peppers, and mushrooms
- Bake for another 30 mins or until you achieve the desired texture (from soft to crispy)
Topping – kale pesto
- 1 small bunch (6-8 kale leaves), finely chopped
- 1/2–1 tsp. natural salt
- 1 medium zucchini or green apple, finely grated or cut in chunks
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, cashews, walnuts or hemp hearts
- 2 tbsp. dry basil (or 1/2 cup fresh)
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice or 1 Tbsp. coconut vinegar
- 1–2 cloves garlic, minced, or some cayenne powder if you are sensitive to raw garlic
- Chopped the kale with the blender, add himalayan salt
Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well by hand, or process very gently to keep the nice chunky texture.
- Spread the pesto on the pizza crust
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.